With the incredibly high water we are experiencing in the area, the Chesterfield Public Safety Department would like to remind all boaters of the importance of “Slow No Wake Areas”.
STATE LAW prohibits watercraft from operating at speeds above “Slow No Wake” in any of the following areas:
- Within 100 feet of shore
- Within 100 feet of a dock or raft
- Within 100 feet from an anchored vessel or swimmer
- Within 100 feet from a marked swim area
- ANYWHERE ON THE CLINTON RIVER
- ANYWHERE ON THE BLACK CREEK
- ANYWHERE ON THE SALT RIVER
- Within 600 ftt of shore (from 11 Mile, south to the Macomb/Wayne County border)
In addition to the possibility of a Civil Infraction Fine, under state law, the operator/owner of the vessel is responsible for his or her wake, and is RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE their wake may cause.
To see a complete listing of Special Local Watercraft Controls (Slow No Wake Areas) for Macomb County visit