Chesterfield Township Firefighters responded to a possible structure fire on Saturday January 7th. Occupants reported to 911 that the bedroom was on fire with batteries involved. E-1 arrived on scene to find small 1 story, residential dwelling with moderate smoke showing. E-1 establishing water supply, stretching 1-3/4 hose line for fire control and primary search. E-3 arrived on scene and crew made entry for fire control. Macomb E-3 arrived and tasked with additional 1-3/4 to backup, through the front door. Selfridge E-4 assigned to RIT. New Baltimore Ladder 1 assigned to staging. Lenox E-2 held in level 1 staging.
Once fire was called under control, Lenox E-2 cleared from level 1 staging. Salvage covers were used to cover a vehicle in garage. Positive Pressure Ventilation was used to clear the building of smoke. Overhaul performed to identify hotspots. Gas Company arrived on scene to verify gas meter was turned off. Fire inspectors and building department notified. DTE arrived to verify meter was shut off and isolate electrical.
Residents were escorted by FD personnel to retrieve needed items from inside home. Board-up company was notified by homeowner. Building was verified as secured. Damage was confined to a bedroom with heavy smoke throughout the rest of the home. One Firefighter was treated at McLaren Macomb for a minor injury.