Always Keep Fire Safety In Mind
Due to recent weather conditions, the threat level for fire danger is EXTREME in our area!
Use these tips to keep your outdoor activities fire safe:
- Keep a hose or other water source nearby when burning.
- Prevent sparks. Keep trailer chains from dragging when you’re on the road; don’t park hot equipment on dry grass.
- Contain your bonfire in a patio wood-burning unit and make sure you put it out thoroughly before going inside for the night. Douse the fire with water, stir the ashes and douse again, and replace the covering screen when finished.
- Never leave any fire, including hot coals, unattended.
- Never shoot fireworks into the woods, dry grass or shrubs.